Monday 3 July 2017

High blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid and possible diabetes????

Ok as you will presume from the title of this post I'm being tested for all of the above. High blood pressure due to it being in the family and I've only just found out. High cholesterol as when I have my thyroid checked they found and I quote my GP "your cholesterol level is off the scale" then never got back to me on it as she wanted to concentrate on the thyroid problem first which then seemed to disappear and all was forgotten about until I went in demanding a blood test to which another GP exclaimed "ah yes we were going to get you back in for checks as your blood pressure was high as was your cholesterol and also a little problem with both thyroid and possible diabetes" uh yeah!!! So whilst this doesn't worry me (only a little) it is annoying to find out I was in possible danger before but they forgot about me. Anyway I've had the blasted blood test now waiting for results urghhhh..... when will it ever end. Will keep you all posted on the results.

UPDATE I am now on Statins, as my cholesterol is sky high, considering I don't eat dairy and try to live a green, clean life with the odd cake chucked in once in a blue moon I can honestly say I don't know what to do about it. My new GP told me that she believes its side effects from all the chemo, and other drugs I am on and has nothing to do with what I eat or how much I exercise, so another bloody pill to take on a daily basis. My blood pressure was also high so for the past week I've been checking it twice a day and it does seem to go up and down. I am also borderline diabetic which they will continue to monitor and at present I don't need to go on drugs.

Cancer just keeps giving and giving.......

No comments:

Post a Comment